ECO Phase Conveying is a patented semi-dense phase mode of conveying that allows material to be continuously conveyed more efficiently than most dilute phase or dense phase conveying systems. Product specific, this hybrid system conveys powdered materials by a more energy efficient, reduced horsepower means.
The key to the operation ECO Phase is the Magveyor. The Magveyor combines a continuous feeder (typically a rotary valve) with a low pressure vessel to optimize material to air ratios for a given line size. This optimization utilizes the positive aspects of the continuous mode of dilute phase and the efficiencies of high solids loading of dense phase, without their corresponding negative impacts. As a result, customers can see reduced energy consumption, allowing plants to achieve green initiatives, re-allocate or diminish power consumption and realize savings through reduced operating costs.
- Reduced energy consumption compared to standard dilute and dense phase pneumatic conveying systems.
- Existing dilute phase customers have doubled the rate of an existing line size and blower installation by installing a Magveyor and ECO Phase air management system. Meaning double the rate with no increase in operating costs and very little capital investment.
- ECO Phase delivers a constant stream of material, without managing the cycle/batch flow of dense phase conveying.
- The system is typically powered by a Positive Displacement blower and not expensive compressors or high pressure pumps.
- ECO Phase is a patented technology available only from Smoot Company. Our patent was received from the United States patent office on December 25, 2013.
- Download EcoPhase White Paper
The ECOPHASE system itself is centered on Smoot’s Magveyor, which is part of a patented process that uses a continuous feeding device to feed material into a small vessel. This vessel is equipped with the necessary level controls to ensure the material is at a desired level in the vessel.
The filter receiver receives product and separates the material from the convey air.
The workhorse of the pneumatic conveying industry today, the Positive Displacement Blower Package offers a cost effective reliable means of generating consistent airflows from 60 to 8,000 ICFM with pressures up to 25 PSIG.
The Smoot Slide Diverter Valves feature a unique sealing method that uses regulated compressed air applied to the sealing rings, which results in an air-tight seal between the inlet and outlet ports. The unique model design features minimal line deflection and full port flow from low pressure drop.
The selection of the correct rotary airlock and options is critical to maintain an efficient and reliable plant operation. With over 50 years of experience and success in pneumatic conveying systems and components, Smoot can assist you in determining which type rotary airlock will best fulfill your needs at the lowest cost to install, operate and maintain.
Searching for the right solution? The Smoot Service Center offers a complete line of pneumatic conveying components and spare parts. Our customer service professionals have the knowledge and expertise necessary to bring top-flight service for an incredible range of products.